Home    About Me    Facebook    Recipes    Link Parties

Sunday, October 14, 2012

A pirate's life for me!

  These past few days I've been working on an awesome custom order. I was lucky enough to be contacted by Sarah from  Misfits & Vagabonds to create a doll for her growing pirate themed collection. Sarah has been making dolls since she was a child, but just recently started to collect the creations of other doll makers.

Mini Misfit by Misfits & Vagabonds

   The best part? Total creative freedom! She told me that she wanted a pirate, but made no specifications. And so, my imagination has been running wild. It was hard to narrow down all the possibilities, but eventually I came up with a sketch that I love.

Pirate Girl by Carrousel Dream Dolls
  All my dolls start with a sketch drawn on a 3" x 5" index card. I try to include as many details as possible in each sketch and constantly refer to them as I work on my dolls. If I try to work on a doll before doing at least a rough sketch, I feel a bit lost. In the future I'll be sharing more of these sketches with you, but some will stay hidden in my little plastic box because they're not pretty enough to show the world.

4 comments:

  1. I shall call her Peggy, and Peggy shall be her name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I can't stop laughing. I'm so glad that you like her. I was nervous about sharing her sketch.

      Delete
  2. She's going to look awsome, I can't wait to see her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She should be done in a day or two. I can't wait myself. I think seeing the finished dolls is one of my favorite parts of the process.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...