Home    About Me    Facebook    Recipes    Link Parties

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Budae Jjigae Inspired Ramen

   I don't know about you, but I have a Tumblr account which I love. It's a place where people share what they like and if you have tastes in common you can follow them and see their posts on your dashboard. That's how I found budae jjigae, (Korean for army base stew) on an Asian food blog called Mochi Desu. They call it like that because after the Korean War meat was very scarce and they would use what was left in army bases, like canned ham, hot dog and SPAM. They added their own touch to the soup and that's how budae jjigae was born.

Budae Jjigae

   We saw it and felt the need to make it because it looked easy and yummy. We added some western ingredients combined with the essentials of budae jjigae, to a normal ramen soup. It might not look pretty but it was delicious.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm ... looks good to me! My husband is Korean, and two of my favorite things to eat are bi bim bap (hope I spelled it right!) and Jap chae! and of course kim chi when it has had a lot of time to get nice and fermented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Yadira! Sometimes not all foods that look good in pictures will mean that it is not delicious. It looks delicious in your words. And I have a tumblr account also. If it's okay, i'll add you up. I am dianewantstowrite

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sara: OMG! I find so cool that your husband shares his traditional foods with you. Those look yummy! I'll have to keep searching about Korean food and see if I find more easy and delicious recipes to prepare. Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by and leaving such an awesome comment. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Diane: I just added you on Tumblr. You are so right! Sometimes foods that are not presented pretty are the most yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...