I remember when I blogged about this quiche pan as a garage sale find. I said I wanted to share with you a delicious quiche recipe that I loved. The thing is, health issues are pushing me to loose a lot of weight and I just started to count my carbs. Yes, I'm on Atkins and so far I've lost 8 lbs. I'm on the right track and very happy because this is the first diet that ever worked for me. But enough with the diet talk, I just wanted to explain why my quiche Lorraine doesn't have a crust. In this recipe I used chives instead of the green onions the original recipe called for. Enjoy!
-8 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces, around 1/2 inch
-1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
-2 cups shredded Swiss Cheese, divided
-6 Eggs, beaten
-1 cup heavy whipping cream
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
-1/4 teaspoon paprika or ground red pepper
-1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease quiche dish with butter.
2. Fry bacon and chives together until bacon is done.
3. Sprinkle cooked bacon and chives in the bottom of the greased quiche dish.
4. Top with 1 cup of the Swiss cheese.
5. In a bowl, stir together the beaten eggs, cream, salt, pepper, paprika, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Pour into the quiche dish; try not to dislodge the bacon.
6. Top with the remaining 1 cup of Swiss cheese. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Original Source: http://homeschoolforms.com/cookbook/eggche/Quiche-Lorraine-bacon-no-crust.htm
If you make it, please take a picture and share. :D
Would you like to see other tasty treats? Visit Make Ahead Meals and Chef in Training.