Home    About Me    Facebook    Recipes    Link Parties

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fabric Crush Monday #16 + Inspiration

Basic Natural Linen by White Linen Breeze | Available here

   Natural linen! Don't you love it? I sure do! I wanted to talk a little bit about it today because I'm feeling particularly inspired. I've been sewing for a little longer than 1 year now and I've never used natural linen for sewing before, mostly because it's super rare and expensive to find here. I only have 2 kinds of linen in my stash and I can't seem to get the appropriate inspiration from them: 1 is solid turquoise and the other is white handkerchief linen, they are lovely but don't give the aesthetic that I love. How can I love natural linen so much then? Well, have you ever visited an awesome blog that makes you want to stay with a cup of coffee and click through every picture and link available? I've seen a few but there are 2 of them that are particularly dear to me because no matter what these ladies make I simply love it and... they use A LOT of natural linen.

nanaCompany 2011
All the items above were mady by Amy from NanaCompany who is also the photographer.

   One of them is Amy from NanaCompany, she uses a lot of colorful patchwork, hand quilting, hexagons and linen in her creations. They turn out simply awesome. Don't you think?

rabbit bag crochet flower2
Zakka Inspired Rabbit Bag by Kat from Zakka Inspired | Click here for the tutorial

   The other lady that I wanted to tell you about is Kat from Zakka Inspired. She makes all kind of items inspired in Japanese books and Zakka aesthetic. She continues to inspire and awe me with every one of her creations. I really think you should go to these ladies' blogs and follow them, thank me when you see their awesome creations making their appearance in your reader.

Oh! and if you want to make awesome things like these ladies using natural linen you can buy your own using the link below the first picture.

Have a nice day and Happy Chinese New Year for those of you who are celebrating it. This is the year of the dragon and I was born in a dragon year so I hope that's a good sign.

4 comments:

  1. thanks so much for the kind words!! xo amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Amy, thank you for providing endless inspiration

      Delete
  2. Qué lindas cositas hechas con lino! La verdad nunca he trabajado con ese material, pero todo se vé bien lindo. Algun día tendré el tiempo y dinero de hacer algun tipo de quilting. Saludos Yadi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitivamente Wendy, ya quiero ver que maravillas harás con lino. Saludos para ti.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...