Home    About Me    Facebook    Recipes    Link Parties

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mia's Pregnancy Journal 3 :: I'm a granny!

I'm a granny!

   I'm SO excited to announce that I'm now the proud granny of 4 cute little kittens. My cat Mia delivered her babies yesterday during the morning. When I woke up, there was only one baby with her and I was worried because her belly was big enough for 2 or 3 kittens. It seems like the baby had just been born and she was still in labor. Of course she had to go to the most uncomfortable place of the house for me to keep an eye on her instead of using the basket I prepared for her weeks ago. When I realized what was going on, I brought the basket into the room in which she decided to deliver the babies and she jumped right in. I even had to grab the newborn kitten and put it close to her so she could start nursing it as soon as possible.

   After that, everything was a piece of cake. Every time I popped over to see how she was doing, I'd see a new kitten. I seriously started to worry about finding homes for all of them, but I decided I'd keep one. Two others found a home as soon as I published the picture above on Facebook, so I only need to find a home for one... AND it was only hours after they were born. I'M SO HAPPY!!!

I'm a granny!
The calico is acting as pillow in this picture in case you can't tell. :D

   I'm in love with these babies, as you can see on the picture above they're all different. There's a black one, a gray tabby (just as its momma), a tortoiseshell and a calico. I read an awesome legend about tortoiseshell cats which made me fall in love with my tortie, so I think I'll keep it but I'm not sure yet. I want to see how their characters and attitudes develop. Wish me luck on this new adventure!

-----------
I shared this post on Chef in Training and Someday Crafts. Click the links to find more awesome crafty blogs.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, SO ADORABLE!! And congratulations, Grandmummy! I LOVE calico and tortoiseshell cats, they're special because they're always girls! I think my next cat will be a tortie. Not any time soon though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Zoe, I'm so happy I can't even describe the feeling. <3

      I've been reading about them a lot; I even found a gorgeous legend (let me know if you are interested so I can translate it) and I think they're special indeed. I'd love to see pictures when you get yours.

      Have an awesome week!

      Delete
  2. So cute. I really want a cat but we already have a very hyper dog. I'll just have to look at cute kitten pictures instead. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely adopt a cat. They are super easy to care for (obviously unless he gets sick or something), they clean themselves and if there's food, water and litter available you will have an awesome pet to love. In any case, you are totally welcome to look at my kittens. Have a nice day!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! They are the sweetest! So cute how they are using brother/sister as a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kittens?! Awwwwwwwwwww....very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are darlings! >And that's mommy cats for you, choosing somewhere else to have their kittens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking a moment to visit and comment Isis. They definitely choose the most random places.

      Delete
  6. How sweet. I love cats. I've got 2 along with a dog. Someone dropped a box off at my work with a note that said 6 kittens need good homes. I rehomed 4 and kept my 2. Congrats on your new additions!

    Visiting from Whimsically Homemade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! That's so sad, but it's awesome that you found all of them homes. You need to let me see some pictures of your darlings. Thank you very much for your kind words.

      Delete
  7. They are soooo adorable! I LOVE torties! I think our cat might officially be a calico because she has white on her, but the rest of her is more like a tortie - she is a tortie in her soul! What is the legend you read?!

    Good luck on this exciting new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I feel like a proud mama! Torties are super cute and that legend I talk about makes them awesome to me. I'll go check out your blog to see pics of your kitty, I'm pretty sure you must have some in there. ;)

      As soon as I finish translating the legend I'll post it here so anyone interested can marvel at the awesomeness of their torties and calicos.

      Delete
  8. Eeek! So I'm a new follower! Those are the cutest little rugrats ever. It's true. Good luck with the new kitten. I can't wait to read more about the little lion. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks a lot for following and thank you for saying nice things about my grandkittens. I can't wait for my little lion to open up her eyes. :D <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...