Home    About Me    Facebook    Recipes    Link Parties

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fabric Crush #25

   Ok, I'm not going to try and make it look like I wrote this post yesterday. I decided that I'm going to keep writing Fabric Crush once a week but without the pressure of having to come a specific day to do it. Maybe one day when I grow up I'll be able to schedule posts to be published on time without any trouble, but I still write my posts day to day and some days it's just impossible. So, Fabric Crush # 25!

   This week I've been obsessing over African Wax Prints. I don't know, maybe it's my African heritage but I can't help it. Those patterns, those colors...

Starburst Orange on Lime green Genuine Wax Print | Available here

   I'd make me a purse, a wallet, curtains and cozies for everything LOL; if I ever learned to make clothes (does anyone want to teach me?) I'd make me an outfit of African wax printed fabrics.

Skin Blue-Green Genuine Wax Print | Available here

   The fabrics in this post are printed in West Africa, in Ghana to be more specific and they look a lot like batik, but much more colorful. I LOVE batik! What would you make with these?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news!

   Remember the custom laptop sleeve that I told you about last week? Its lovely owner received it yesterday and was so pleased that she decided to blog about it today. Click here to go read her post. Thank you very much Jenna for such a cute post, the support and the good vibes you send my way.

1 comment:

  1. Last year I went through this ankara wax fabric obsession! One night I sifted through thousands of things on Etsy trying to find perfect pieces. I think I ended up with about 6 things. If I had more moolah I'd buy everything Boxing Kitten makes! Alas, I have to be low budget. :) I love those fabrics though, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...