Home    About Me    Facebook    Recipes    Link Parties

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Name Change + Some New Items

   This week I've been sewing a bunch of stuff and updating my Etsy shop. I decided to change my little business name and image because the previous name, Too Cute was a little confusing, people usually thought everything I made was for little girls. It is 18.0.7 now, which is a very important date for me and it won't limit the style of my products. I've also been designing new items, to keep it fresh. I'm getting ready for a reopening, I'm giving Etsy another chance. So all in all a very productive week!

   From the new items I've been designing this week, I decided to give a couple of them a go. I normally design my patterns digitally and tend to work on a few at a time to not loose the inspiration. I've been working on this one for a couple of weeks and my first try was a total fail...

...but if it wasn't for the crooked top-stitch on the outside of the second one, it would have been a total success.




   I'll still make a couple of adjustments but otherwise I really loved the outcome. This wallet was the result of the amount of times I've been asked if I sell actual wallets with card slots and coin pockets. My billfolds have 2 card slots but apparently grown-ups need a lot more so I doubled the amount ;). This wallet has 2 bill pockets, 4 card slots and a coin pouch that is attached to its center. It also closes all around with a zipper, so your treasures will be more than safe. <3

   The other thing I worked on was this clutch/cosmetic bag/thing that I've seen some lovely Brazilian ladies make since I started sewing. They call it by many names but most of them agree that its procedence is Japanese. It was love at first sight so I set on my way to make it, but there was no pattern... I saw that one of them had a link to a tutorial and I clicked to see that it was obviously in Portuguese and all the measurements in centimeters. It was a bit hard to understand but at least gave me an idea of the proportions and of how it was put together with lining and all so I started to design my own pattern. I'll make some changes next time but think I succeeded. :D




   It measures 9.5" x 5" x 4.5" and you can fit tons of stuff inside. It closes with a zipper and a flap, for added safety and prettiness. :)

What have you been up to?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news!

   A couple of weeks ago my friend Diane from Diane Writes awarded me with the Liebster Award. I can't say with words how thankful I am for her friendship.


   The badge originated from Germany and it is given to "up and coming" blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word which means dearest or beloved.

I am passing this badge to other blog friends who deserve it. They are:

1) Jenna from Sew Savoir Faire
2) Suki from The Owl Club
3) Bean from Crafty Times

5 comments:

  1. That Japanese purse looks like a really interesting design. Your new designs are looking great!

    Thanks for the Liebster award, it's so sweet of you and I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the compliment!

      No problem girl, I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! Thanks for the badge lady!

    And...I had NO idea that's what the inside of the wallet looks like. I want one! Can you email the info on them? How much you are selling them for and what not?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You welcome!

      I'll be emailing the info of the wallet to you in a while. ;)

      Delete
  3. A very unique wallet indeed! I love it including the choice of fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...