Home    About Me    Facebook    Recipes    Link Parties

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fold Over Clutches (The genesis of my digital purse designing)

   I just wanted to make clear that I'm posting about things I made in the past few months for 3 reasons: 1) I just started this blog, so anything I post will be new to you. 2) I really like (or really hate) the outcome of these projects and 3) They mark important moments of my crafty life and I want to share them.

   For example, these clutches were the first thing which pattern I designed digitally, and I really like how they turned out. Previously, I was designing my things directly on paper but I didn't feel that was accurate enough.

   I also wanted to share with you that I normally print my patterns on paper and reinforce them with stiff cardboard. It is easier to trace the pattern that way (time saving), I can keep using the same pattern forever (less waste) and make as many pieces of the same purses as I want (production). I don't know if anyone else does that, but it makes my life much easier.

Foldover Clutch with a front pocket and button closure

   This one was the first one I made and I loved it so much I didn't want to let it go (that happens to me quite often). If I'm not mistaken it was the first to find its way into a loving home.

Foldover Clutch with a front pocket and button closure

   I really liked the fabric combination on this one. It's not something I would personally use but I find it so cool.

Foldover Clutch with a front pocket and button closure

   I think I still have this one available; its been tough to not to keep it for myself. The only thing that stops me is that there is a fabric combination that I would like to use to make the purse very ME and it involves Woodgrain in Bark from Joel Dewberry's Aviary 2.


   Stay tuned so you can see how it turns out! I think I might make it today because I'm so in need of a new purse. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...