Home    About Me    Facebook    Recipes    Link Parties

Friday, April 29, 2011

My Woodlands Clutch

   Remember when I told you that I wanted to make a fold over clutch for myself? Well, I did. I combined a few of my favorite fabrics from my stash and came up with a woodlands concept. I l<3ve combinations that remind of the forest and this woodgrain fabric was just perfect for the mushroom fabric. I couldn't be any happier with the results. I must say that I'm in love with it and I can't wait to carry it around. What do you think?

My new woodlands fold over clutch

   I changed the front flap for a leaf so it suited better the fabric combination. It was a risky change because I didn't know how well it would work. I wasn't sure if I wanted to use the button closure with the leaf and gave it a little thought. I remembered that I had some of those sew-on snaps (which I'd never used before), so I grabbed a set and used it instead of the button. I loved the change because I really like the look of the leaf by itself in front of the clutch.


   I like how they work and it was easy to sew them on the purse. Another new thing I added to the clutch was a zippered pocket on the back, the first of this kind I make. It wasn't exactly difficult, but I think I needed something that would help me get closer to the zipper. I sewed it with my normal presser foot and hand-stitched another row very close to the fabric opening with brown thread to make it very secure.

The zipper pocket on the back

   I completely forgot to add a tab with a d-ring to be able to attach the wrist strap. I added a lobster clasp to the zipper to still be able to use the clutch with the strap. I also added a charm that I was using as zipper pull before I noticed VERY LATE that I missed the fabric tab with the d-ring.


   Don't you Love it? I sure do. As I told you previously, this purse is very me and I like almost everything on it. Look at the inside fabric combination, I really like those mushrooms and it is a little brighter than the outside so it makes me happy every time I open it.

The inside of my clutch

   The only part I don't like about it, is that when I was making the wrist strap I added way too much fleece and ended up with the fleece showing on a corner; it was impossible to hide it and almost impossible to sew even with a jean needle. I just didn't want to waste the fabric, so I tried to do what I could.


   This is the result. Don't you think it looks awful? The good news is no one has to see it because it's all mine.
<3<3<3

2 comments:

  1. very pretty, your pouch! I really love these fabrics and especially the flap shaped as a leaf! Thank you for sharing!
    best greetings from Austria!
    elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elenor! Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. These fabrics together are too pretty; they inspired me to make the leaf flap.

    My greetings from Puerto Rico!
    -Yadira

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...