Home    About Me    Facebook    Recipes    Link Parties

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fabric Blooms

   I've always loved fabric flowers, there is something special about them that always gets my attention. That happened to me yesterday with the tutorial for this flowers, I saw it on Pinterest and had to make them right away.

   The tutorial and pattern were in a cool blog called eloleo which only inconvenience is that the author writes in Dutch. But hey! don't let that take you down, I used Google Translate and with the help of the pictures I understood pretty much everything and was able to make these 2 gorgeous flowers.

Fabric Blooms

   The one in the first picture was my favorite, mainly because of the fabric choice which is a lot more "me", but also because it was easier to make compared to the one with rounded petals. I also think it is a lot bolder and with that size (4.25 in) it could make for a statement accessory depending on the outfit. I have not decided what they will be yet, hair-clips or brooches?

Fabric Blooms

   I found this one really cute but it's more of a casual accessory, something a girl could wear to school and look very pretty. I think I will make a few more and give them to the ladies in my family as Christmas gifts. What do you think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
In other news...

   I went to my grandma's yesterday and gave her the Vintage Brooches I bought for her. Let me tell you, she fell in love with them, she wouldn't stop staring at them for a long while. Then after a couple hours we found ourselves browsing through her brooch stash looking for a brooch I gave her long ago. Then we found this cute little treasure, I asked her for it and she was happy to give it to me. The bee in this brooch can move from one flower to another. Isn't that cute?

Cute Brooch

8 comments:

  1. Qué bonitas flores de tela Yadi! Precisamente ayer yo hice 2 tambien por pedido de una amiga. Ya se las entregue y que falla que no les tome foto! El broche que te dio tu abuelita esta muy lindo tambien, donde lo abrá coseguido? No he visto nada parecido por aqui en SC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Wendy: Muchas gracias por pasar por aquí. Que mal que no tomaste fotos de tus flores, me hubiera encantado verlas. El broche, no tengo la menor idea donde lo consiguió, ella tiene cientos en su casa que le han regalado y que ha comprado a través de los años, sería dificil saber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi yadira! they will work both as brooch and clips. i think they can even serve as great accent pieces to plain totes. and the bee brooch is also so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Diane: I think you're right, these flowers can work as both things. How come I didn't think of that? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...