Home    About Me    Facebook    Recipes    Link Parties

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Vintage Brooches for My Grandma + Polaroid Pictures

   I often remember my grandmother's habit of wearing a brooch with pretty much every outfit. She even tried to convince me to take the same habit when I was little and she almost did, I loved wearing her shiny brooches, but since I was too little she would only let me use the plastic kiddie ones. As you might have noticed, I'm into vintage, antiques, thrifty finds etc. so for a while I've been interested in getting a couple nice brooches for her, so she can remember me while looking pretty stylish. :D

Vintage Brooches for My Grandma

   I searched sites such as Etsy and eBay trying to find something that would look cute, fit her style and my budget. These 2 met my requirements, I found them in a cute little Etsy shop called Beca Runs, she has great prices and ships fast. The blue enamel flower is from the 50's and the starburst is from the 30's, I think they both are gorgeous in their own special way. I can't wait to be able to visit my grandma and give her these awesome presents, I hope she loves them as much as I do. Let me tell you, if I didn't love her the way I do I'd keep these for me, but Shhhh! don't tell her I said that.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
In other news...

   I forgot to show you these 2 Polaroid pictures that I snapped at Miss Lou's Halloween Party. They were all that was left from my 600 film pack from Impossible Project. As you can see the quality didn't improve much through the film pack and as if that wasn't enough, all of the pictures I shot with that film are turning green. I've read that if you keep them in the fridge the aging process slows down but I refuse to keep my Polaroid album in there forever. Don't get me wrong, I think that if these had not had the blot they would have been cute, Miss Lou's picture even looks black and white or sepia.

Polaroid Pictures taken during the Halloween Party
Miss Lou from eLousions | Marisol from Curioux Disorder

13 comments:

  1. If I was your grandma I would be thrilled with those <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Miss Lou: I seriously hope she likes them. I have my fingers crossed, but my car is still getting fixed and I have no idea when it will be ready. I can't wait to give her these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the concept of wearing brooches! So vintage and feminine! Great resource! My mom loved her polaroid - it is a shame the pictures age - great post!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kathy: I love brooches, I don't use them because in my opinion my clothes don't look good with them. They are definitely gorgeous though. My grandma used to have a kodak ektralite that she really loved. Any time I see one I remember her. Thank you for stopping by. Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love brooches and barely a day goes by I don't wear either a brooch or a pinback badge, or several! I'm sure your grandma will love these. And I'm off to check out that shop now, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Suki: I'm so happy for you; if they looked good on me I sure would have a collection of my own. It's nice to know that people read and click through my posts. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic. My Mom just made my sister a broach bouquet for her wedding, it is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Debbie: I bet it's gorgeous. Remember to share the pictures of the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love pins, but I haven't worn them much since my girls were born...hate to prick their little curious fingers. Ah, maybe I'll just go and look at them for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Hilary: I bet when the girls grow a little more you will be able to wear your accessories the way you want. Just wait a little bit and enjoy your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ B. Haven: Thank you for following, I wish you success with this enterprise. Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the concept of wearing brooches! So vintage and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ vintage brooches: I have to agree with you on that one. Those are the 2 words that come to my mind when I think about brooches.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...