Home    About Me    Facebook    Recipes    Link Parties

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Inspiration: Craft Rooms

   As I told you in my last post, I've been wanting to write a whole post dedicated to craft room inspiration. I previously commented that I now live in a very tiny apartment. When I moved here, I came from an apartment that I shared with some roommates. I had one room so all of my crafty supplies were stuck in a corner. When I packed all of my possessions to come to live with my partner I stuffed everything in plastic storage boxes and containers, and since the space here is so limited I never took the time to take everything out of the boxes.



   The table I work at is the table I bought for my first craft fair, a 6' long white plastic table. I use it to cut, sew, iron, crochet and everything crafty that I can come up with.


And recently I bought a 3 drawer cart like this one to tide up my corner:


   These things sleep with us at night as my little corner is in our bedroom, right in front of our bed. :(

   This is functional, clean and practical, but its not pretty at all and its not inspiring. As every crafter in the world I was hoping and dreaming to someday have a room of my own that I could use to be inspired and create. The answers to my prayers came when some family problems got fixed. We will be able to move into a very comfortable apartment with enough space for us and all of our stuff. The best part of it, is that I'll get a room for all of my crafts (I already bought the paint ^-^), so I started to search for pretty pictures of inspiring craft rooms and here are some of my favorite:

Open doors

Studio shelves

Fabric Stash - Freshly Organized!

5 comments:

  1. I love the first and fourth craft rooms. I btw also get a bit dependent on those plastic boxes. They are cheap and very useful but I agree, they are not beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see how you put your new room together! Thanks for including my pic in your post. My mind is free now that I can find what I need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Diane: At least those plastic boxes are handy to stuff all the mess and make everything look like you are an organized person. ;)

    @ Skooks: It seems that I'll have to wait a little longer than I thought. Today I found out that there is no illumination in the room that I was intending to keep so I'll have to call an electrician to set up everything for a ceiling lamp. After that I can start to paint and set everything up. I'll keep you posted so stay tuned. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including my pictures in your post. Glad they gave you some inspiration! -staarlight

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Amanda: You are very welcome. They were very inspiring, I LOVED the wall organizer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...